Let’s transform a plain black notebook.
1. Cut a piece of burlap or cardboard and use white glue to adhere it to the notebook cover.
2. Brush black gesso onto the front and back of the notebook. Dry.
3. Use a stencil and a silicone brush or palette knife to spread on a gel medium or modeling paste. Dry.
4. Brush on black gesso. Dry.
I mostly used purple-toned products to color the notebook, but you can use whatever color scheme you’d like.
5. Use a combination of glittery mica sprays and metallic paints to color the front and back covers.
You can begin by painting on Snap Dragon or Royal Orchid Silks. After that dries, spray two or three of these colors: Buccaneer Bay Blue, Smoky Sapphire, Bluebeard Blue Violet, Hi Maintenance Magenta, and Witch’s Potion Purple. Pause between application of a spray; dry it; and then look at it before spraying another color. You can add some pink, such as Pink Grapefruit and Plumeria.
6. Now use your fingertips to Art Alchemy Amethyst Magic. You also can use a touch of Opal Magic.
7. You need to spray seal the book before you proceed to gluing on elements.
8. Use Heavy Body Gel to stick on metal butterflies. To create height, you can use buttons to lift the butterflies. Add flowers, metals and jewels, if desired.