Friday, 27 March 2009

Altered Easter Eggs


I have a penchant for altering anything that stands still long enough! I've had these papier mache eggs in my storage cabinet, and I decided to alter a few of them to send to some of my stamping friends for Easter.


A couple of years ago, I altered some of these with less than stellar results. This time, I wanted to try something slightly different, and I was much happier with my results!


I began by tearing up tissue paper and gluing pieces onto the egg with my Royal Decoupage finish. Afterwards, I allowed the eggs to dry over night.

Once dried, I took a gold ink pad and sponge it all over all the eggs. Once again, I allowed the eggs to dry for a while. Finally, I added different embellishments to each egg, such as beads, glitter, microbeads, and flowers.